The Brain Unravelled, up-coming event where art, neuroscience, and anthro-pology come together to explore the relationship between creativity and consciousness; includes art exhibition, performances, and presentations; The Slade Research Centre, Woburn Square, London, UK; Sept.7-19, 2009; free.
• PROTOTYPE, free e-newsletter of Smithsonian's Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation. Visit their website to subscribe.
• Interest in medical science, society, and art? Check-out the calendar of events/talks/exhibitions at the Wellcome Collection in London.
• The Australian Centre of Virtual Art (ACVA) is pleased to announce it will open several experimental spaces for Australian artists interested in extending their practice into the virtual domain.
• ISEA2009 Exhibition features artists from across the globe presenting leading edge electronic and digital art; Belfast, Northern Ireland; August 7-31.
• OPEN CALL for Urban Interventions for the 2010 Bat-Yam Biennale, Israel; Deadline: August 30th, 2009.
• "Romantic Machines: Kinetic Art of the Present" exhibition; Georg-Kolbe-Museum, Berlin; thru Sept.6, 2009.